In the role of MLRO you will be actively involved in the company preparation and application for the EMI and CASP licenses:
- Implement and maintain AML/CTF policies in compliance with UK Money Laundering Regulations and the Proceeds of Crime Act.
- Serve as the nominated officer for reporting suspicious activities to the UK's NCA.
- Conduct regular AML/CTF training for staff.
- Monitor and assess risks associated with money laundering and terrorist financing within the organization.
- File SARs with the NCA and adhere to Electronic Money Regulations for small payment institutions.
- Maintain records and conduct regular audits to ensure AML/CTF compliance.
- Monitor and report local changes and requirements related to AML/CTF to the Head of Global Compliance.
- Engage with the FCA for compliance-related matters and coordinate with other departments to ensure effective compliance programs and provide advice and solutions on compliance matters.
- Approve high-risk customers.
- Act as an internal consultant to the business on all compliance matters, providing advice and solutions.
- Collaborate closely with other departments such as Operations, Legal, and IT to ensure a coordinated and effective compliance program where necessary.
- University degree in Finance, Law, or a related field.
- At least 5 years experience in a compliance role, preferably within the financial services sector.
- Strong understanding of FCA regulations and UK AML/CTF laws.
- Certifications like CAMS, ICA Advanced Certificate in AML, or similar.
- Strong team of professionals and growth opportunities within the company.
- Adequate management that hears and listens, and in case of controversial decisions is guided by numbers.
- Comfortable working conditions.
- Opportunity to work remotely or in the office in the center of London.